The type of busines you formation you choose with the state of Washington won’t necessarily be the type of business formation you register with the IRS. This sounds complicated, but after talking with us for just a few minutes it will be clear.
The decision you make on your business formation can make a big difference in the amount of paperwork and tax burden you will face – so make you speak with an expert before deciding.
If you are forming a business in Washington State, your six main choices to register with the state are:
- LLC (this can be registered with the IRS as a sole prioprietorship, partnership, S-Corp, or C-Corp)
- Corporation (must register with the IRS as an S-Corp or C-Corp).
- PLLC (this can be registered with the IRS as a sole prioprietorship, partnership, S-Corp, or C-Corp)
- PS or PC (personal services corporation) (must register with the IRS as a s-corp or c-corp)
- Sole Prioprietorship (can register with the IRS as a sole proprietorship, s-corp, or c-corp)
- Partnership (can register with the IRS as a partnership, s-corp, or c-corp)
WE OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION REGARDING NEW BUSINESS FORMATION AND BUSINESS INCORPORATION
We are interested in forming long-lasting business relationships, so we will give you free advice regarding the formation of a new business entity. Starting a business in Washington State is relatively easy and inexpensive. Even though you must make the ultimate decision on your business formation, we can help you walk through the necessary steps.
LEGAL ISSUES BEYOND TAX AND ACCOUNTING WITH WASHINGTON STATE BUSINESS FORMATIONS
If you are the only owner and only investor in a new business, then things might be fairly simple from a legal perspective. If you have partners or investors, make sure you have a well written operating agreement. Our CPA firm can’t help you create legal documents, but we can refer you to local attorneys who will help you without overcharging you for these vital documents.
WATCH OUR ACCOUNTING FIRM INTRO VIDEO
(Note: this is the same video shown on the home page except there is no client testimonial shown at the beginning)
CALL US FOR A FREE WASHINGTON STATE BUSINESS FORMATION CONSULTATION:
In the Seattle / Bellevue / North Puget Sound Area dial: (425) 522-3781
In the Tacoma / Puyallup / South Puget Sound Area dial: (253) 693-8166